Thursday, December 31, 2009

Favorite American Idol Performances

Hey guys! so...as all of you know (lol) American Idol is starting up January 12th...and being the crazy idol FANATIC that I am (I once made a 45 slide powerpoint presentation on the first 3 seasons) I wanted to go through the first 8 seasons and pick out my favorite performance from each. THIS WAS VERY DIFFICULT FOR ME, BUT I WILL LIMIT MYSELF TO 1 PER SEASON. For copyright stuff, I can't post the videos here, but just search them on youtube!

Season 1: Tamyra Gray: "A House Is Not A Home"

Tamyra should have won...jussayin...I love me some oldschool Kelly, but girl needs to pull her shit together and pump out another record like THANKFUL! UGH

Season 2: Clay Aiken: "Bridge Over Trouble Waters"

Season 2 was tough for me because I loved Clay, Kimberley Locke, and Trenyce...but I think this performance won by a slight margin.

Season 3: Diana Degarmo: "Don't Cry Out Loud" (5/14/04 performance)

The last note and key change she does in this performance are AMAZING...I'm so sad that her cd was tragic

Season 4: Vonzell Solomon: "I Have Nothing"

Throw a Diva with a Whitney song and I can't resist...this was probably the best version of the song ever performed on idol! Second best would have to be Trenyce's then JHud's.


Season 5: Katharine Mcphee: "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" (Top 2 performance NOT Finale)

This performance was flawless...Taylor NEVER should have won...especially after this...UGH (I'm not still mad or anything...)

Season 6: Jordin Sparks: "I Who Have Nothing" (first performance)

Jordin is my all-time fave idol...she was SUPERB compared to the other contestants...the only other person that had a chance was Blake Lewis so thank gucci he got runner-up

Season 7: David Archuleta: "Imagine"


I'm not a fan of this song...but he made me like it for this performance...I hate that he is so young...he makes me jealous. ps...for the most part I wasn't a fan of the people in this season

Season 8: Adam Lambert: "Mad World"

All of Adam's performances were shockingly good compared to the other contestants...it wasn't until late in the competition that people started to somewhat compete with him...idk why he lost...

So OVERALL, my favorite idol performance EVER is Katharine's "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". Runner-up to that is "I Who Have Nothing" by Jordin. Both of these performances were on such a different level than the other contestants at the time and there was no doubt in my mind that these would be my faves for those seasons.

What were your favorite performances?? Do you agree with any of mine??

ps. some other performances I liked are:
- Kimberley Locke - Where the Boys Are
- Anwar Robinson - Moonriver
- Syesha - I Will Always Love You
- Kelly Clarkson - Natural Woman
- Anthony Federov - I Surrender
- Melinda Doolittle - Home

No comments: